Wednesday, July 8, 2009
VLC 1.0.0 is out!
The VideoLAN project is pleased to announce the release of the first version of the Goldeneye branch of VLC: 1.0.0.
This major release introduces many new features, new formats and new codecs to the VLC multimedia framework and fixes a very high number of bugs that were present in the 0.9.x or 0.8.6 versions.
You can download it now.
The VLC project only lives with volunteers and would love help from new users and contributors: time, code, hardware and money would help us a lot. You don't need to be a developer to help.
· Added new HD (High-Definition) codecs, such as:
· Blu-Ray Linear PCM
· Dolby Digital Plus
· Real Video 3.0 and 4.0
· Added support for M2TS and Raw Dirac;
· Greatly improved the support for video playback;
· Added MP3 fixed-point encoder;
· Added Dirac encoder;
· AirTunes streaming support;
· Playback support for zipped files;
· Fullscreen support for video scaling;
· Support for MTP devices;
· Support for Frame-by-Frame;
· Instant pausing support;
· Live recording support;
· Support for RTSP Trickplay;
· Improved speed controls;
· Improved support for the GTK environment;
· Added an easier encoding graphical user interface in the Qt version;
· Made the toolbars customizable;
· New artwork;
· Includes popular audio/video codecs;
· Cross-platform and open source!
You can download it here. http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index2.html